Refine Your Search
Guest Relations Assistant Manager - Front Desk
Canyon Ranch SpaClub - Las Vegas, NVApply Now - Save Job -
At Canyon Ranch our mission is to inspire people to make a commitment to healthy living, turning hopes and intentions into the highest enjoyment of life. Every member of our team is passionate about inspiring our guests and each other to make that commitment to healthy living… and change lives forever. Our team has tremendous longevity, where more than half have been with Canyon Ranch for at least five years. Our culture is one of caring and helping, where we delight in making a difference in someone’s life. We were the pioneers in the healthy living vacations, and continue to offer a world class experience to our guests and staff every day. If you have passion and care to make a difference, please introduce yourself by applying, and learn more about our exceptional team at Canyon Ranch.
We currently have an opportunity for a **Guest Relations Assistant Manager for our Front Desk** at our SpaClub location in Las Vegas. **Must be able to work weekends and holidays.**
Responsible for providing a world-class service experience for our guests while being well versed on SpaClub services and facility offerings. The main area of responsibility includes all of the workings of the Front Desk and associated staff members. The Guest Relations Assistant Manager is also responsible for partnering with their tower counterparts to create the best experience possible for our guests.
* Serves as SpaClub’s Manager on Duty, assuming responsibilities to include but not limited to: money handling, guest and staff problem resolution, and maintaining a safe environment for staff and guests. Resolves Guest and Staff concerns in a timely manner, referring the situation to a Manager if needed.
* Works in conjunction with the Manager regarding all duties, budget analysis, revenue generating opportunities for the front desk and overtime reports. Assists in creating revenue opportunities for the front desk including monitoring and tracking of the results.
* Act as a mentor and coach for the front desk staff while supervising the front desk. Prepares and conducts staff member performance appraisals (Intro & Annual).
* Prepares and maintains work schedules for the Front Desk staff members. Oversees payroll, schedules, time sheets and staff member payroll issues concerning the Front Desk staff. Research and address all payroll adjustments for the department.
* Cross-trained in all areas of Guest Relations to include the Locker Rooms/Lounges and Reservations. Responsible to have full working knowledge of the locker rooms, Aquavana, lounges and Reservations and is capable and willing to assist in all areas of Guest Relations.
* Maintains regular communication and good working relationships with Guest Relations Management team and Canyon Ranch SpaClub managers. Responsible for the coordination of operations with all other SpaClub departments.
* Responsible to have full working knowledge of booking system and is capable to book, change or cancel guest and staff appointments that may arise, in person or over the phone.
* Prepares purchase orders relating to the Front Desk supplies and equipment on a weekly (or as-needed) basis.
* Ensures all aspects of the Front Desk and Lobby areas are impeccably neat and clean. Provides “critical eye” perspective to SpaClub facilities (i.e. cleanliness, repairs, etc.).
* Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to appropriate personnel as needed.
* Makes the management team aware of any incidents or issues that may arise or that have occurred throughout the day or evening.
* Updates all front desk training manuals and SOP documents as needed in conjunction with the GR trainer.
* Performs all duties of Guest Relations Advisors as needed.
* High School or Equivalency diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* 1-2 year’s supervisory/management experience, preferably in hospitality, at a resort or health facility.
* Prior experience working with a variety of people, remaining calm and professional during stressful situations, and able to analyze and resolve guest and staff related problems**. **
* Experience with using a variety of computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Suite); Concept experience is preferred but not required.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
* Must possess excellent communication, leadership, organizational and business skills.
* Must possess strong public relations skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
* Can demonstrate a professional, efficient demeanor with the ability to handle stressful or emergency situations.
* Able to develop and maintain a budget and expense goals.
**About Canyon Ranch**
At Canyon Ranch we understand that benefits matter. We are unique in the hospitality industry in our philosophy that all staff members are encouraged to take advantage of classes, lectures, spa and fitness equipment & programs offered every day. In addition, staff members are eligible for generous discounts on services, hotels stays, products and even community partner discounts.
* Complimentary access to dozens of movement classes and lectures every day
* Complimentary access to gyms and fitness facilities
* Monthly Family Night programming for staff members to bring a guest and enjoy special staff only events presented by our professionals
* Access to wearable fitness technology and other products that motivate at our cost through convenient payroll deductions
* Staff member reduced tuition to the Life Enhancement Program in Tucson for themselves and their family members at up to 90% discount
* Medical plan with generous plan coverage at affordable contribution levels
* Dental plans that fit your needs and cover services most staff members can really use
* Pharmacy coverage for prescriptions that includes no-copay for certain medications
* Well Credit program which allows staff members to earn significant discounts on their contribution amount as a reward for living a healthy lifestyle
* Free Know Your Numbers program where staff members can learn about their own biometric and health measurements in order to make healthy choices
* Vision plans for staff members and their dependents who wear corrective lenses
* Flexible spending accounts
* Short term and long term disability plans
* Ability to purchase additional life insurance for staff members and their dependents beyond what Canyon Ranch already provides
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
* Employee Assistance Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Lifeline Loans
*Location:* Las Vegas, NV SpaClub
*Internal status:* FT
*Anticipated hrs/week:* 40Apply Now - Save Job -